To get me going I started by following Lisa's lead and crumpled the page up, opened it again and washed it with soap. Ooops, it fell to pieces, which I didn't mean to happen, so from there on I was on my own.
So, I tried to re-assemble it by laying it on a plastic folder, then stuck wet tissue paper on it with PVA glue - ooops, fingers went green. I needed it to dry then, but was too impatient to wait, so I dried it with the hairdryer, sticking bits together with masking tape as they started to fly about.
When it was dry I crumpled it up again, then opened it, and used the sewing machine to stitch on random bits from the waste paper basket with various stitches, scrunched it up again and gave it another cold bath treatment. Straightened it out again and dried it with the hair drier. Whew!
Quite pleased with that, and it looks a little like a map. When I turned it over I decided I liked the reverse side better, and it looked even more like a map, so I stapled it onto a blank page in the Mess Book -