Wednesday 11 April 2012

JOURNALLING IN BLACK AND RED



I really love working in black and red on a white page. There is something about the very graphic image that results, and perhaps it locks in to my childhood enjoyment of 'colouring in' - and yes, I was a child who liked to colour carefully within the lines.


First of all, some quick sketches - 'warm-ups':



And an abstract in black and red:




Those sketches, and the following one are completed in my 'Red and Black' sketchbook - I tend to have separate sketchbooks for different kinds of work.  I think I'm either organised or obsessive!


But then I decided I would like to do a journal page using the red and black approach.  Eyes do seem to feature quite a lot in my work.




And then I challenged myself to a black and red sketch on my 
i-phone, and was quite pleased with the result:




If you've not tried this, then do have a go.






1 comment:

  1. It reminds me of a book I had as a child with Mayan art in it - something to do with birds.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, and I always enjoy visiting your blogs.
I have been shown how to remove moderation and yet avoid spam, so there's now no moderation and no word verification either.

I love to look at blogs that are new to me, but if you are on Google + I am sadly not able to comment, even though I do want to.