Wednesday 19 June 2013

SUMMER OF COLOUR, HOT PINK AND ORANGE

DOODLING THE DAY AWAY AGAIN

Juan and Fred
Drawn with Pitt Artist's pen
Coloured in Photoshop - Jez
When I had completed this painting for the Hot Pink and Orange theme for Summer of Colour this week, I decided Juan and Fred deserved one of my doodle doggerel verses, so here it is.


JUAN AND FRED
FLAMBINGO DANCERS EXTRAORDINAIRE

Meet Juan and Fred, Flambingo dancers,
Both renowned as great romancers.
All the way from sunny Spain
- Haughty, proud and very vain.

Adored by all Flambingo lasses
Who flock to join their dancing classes,
Fred and Juan are expert dancers
- Stampers, twirlers, splashers, prancers.

They eye the girls with hot pink flashing glances,
When they perform their
Welly-Booten Stampen-Stompen dances.
Bright plumage marks them out from all the crowd,
They splish and splash, and shout 'Olé' out 
very, very loud.

The Welly-Booten Stampen-Stompen dance
Is on in just a little while.
Watch them if you're waterproofed, but me -
I tell you folks, I'm going to run a mile!
------oOo------

This is how Juan and Fred looked in my initial drawing:

Drawn with Pitt Artist's Pen
If you would like to see a few more of my doodles with doggerel verses, click on DOODLING THE DAY AWAY in the sidebar.

I'm linking to Summer of Colour and Sunday Postcard Art 
and later in the week to Paint Party Friday and Paper Saturdays

31 comments:

  1. Juan and Fred are cute!I love your creations too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mulit talent! What a fabulous, fun drawing enhanced by those bright colors and your verse to boot! Love it all, thank you for sharing, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're adorable and a lot of fun! I love their names, too. Great job with the colors and I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On these flamingoes are just awesome. Love them.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they are so cute, made me smile,loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulously, FUN :). I LOVE to meet Juan & Fred, you guys rock that boots!!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ole indeed! LOVE your flamingo dancers! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love it Jez!! I wish you would take all these fun characters and verses and make an online kids book...in nothing else to pass down one day!! Excellent fun!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Juan and Fred, they are so much fun and your poem is Awesome Jez!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the welly booted Juan and Fred, such stars!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant fun ! Love the Flamboyant Flamingos ! Ali #

    ReplyDelete
  12. Juan and Fred are absolutely adorable and your post is just so much fun! I loved seeing your art and reading your wonderful poem!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Juan and Fred sound like real Latin ladies men, and they certainly look the part too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. still laughing - I love this pair and want to attend one of their classes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me laugh with your comment Helena. I'll have a word with Juan and Fred to see if they have room in one of their classes for you!

      Delete
  15. Love your dancers and wonder where the bingo comes in? BJ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well BJ, you see Juan and Fred had problems deciding what to call their particular style of dancing. It's not Flamingo Dancing, nor is it Flamenco Dancing, so they settled on something quite different ..... and that's where the 'bingo' of Flambingo Dancing comes in. They truly believe it's going to take off and be the next smash hit! Thank you for your comment - it goes to the heart of the matter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey your birds should totally go out clubbing with my bird... http://all-the-wright-stuff.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/phoenix-from-flame.html They would set the town on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Juan and Fred are hilarious, yet gorgeous in their colorful plumage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So delightful and fun!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE your whimsical painting and that verse together-what fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Juan and Fred. Your sketches are simply adorable, and your use of pens is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your doodle birds! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great painting and great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is great fun ... I do love the sense of fun that you infuse into your work... not to mention the colour...xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE your doodles and doggerel verses. HILARIOUS, and incredibly clever!! They are gorgeous creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  26. haha! love your verse, and it goes so well with your illustration. Juan and Fred seem like quite the characters :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this brilliantly colored pair- this is wonderful!


    Lori

    Foxglove Hollow

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are fabulous! I love their boots! Beautifully done and I love your verses too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, and I always enjoy visiting your blogs.
I have been shown how to remove moderation and yet avoid spam, so there's now no moderation and no word verification either.

I love to look at blogs that are new to me, but if you are on Google + I am sadly not able to comment, even though I do want to.