Thursday 27 June 2013

HAPPY APPLES IN PURPLE AND LIME GREEN


Happy Apples - Card Collage
Jez
If this was my school report, then it would be saying of my Happy Apples collage "Could Do Better".  I didn't want to miss this week's Summer of Colour challenge, which asks us to combine purple and lime green, even though I had very little time.

I thought making a 'quick' collage would do the job, and in my file of coloured card I was happy to find just the colours I needed.  It was going to be easy-peasy, especially as I decided to use my narrow double-sided tape to stick the thing together.


Everything possible went wrong.  I know it was my present state of mind that caused the problems, but everything that could went wrong.  I kept measuring incorrectly, the ruler kept slipping as I cut the yellow strips, the double sided tape was just that bit too wide for the strips.  Then when it came to sticking things on, the tape stuck firmly to the card, and when I tried to remove the protective strips it brought away the surface of the card!

So I hope you forgive that wonky strip of tape in the lower half.


My inspiration for the apples came from the rich colour of the green card, and when they were at last stuck on they just asked for faces to be drawn on them.


Fortunately the themes for two other challenges fitted in perfectly with the Happy Apples collage, so I am also linking Collage Obsession and Take a Word. 

For  Collage Obsession the challenge is to "tell us something about YOU".  You may already have guessed, if you have seen some of my previous posts, that I enjoy making light-hearted, silly images, and will carry on doing so until I grow up, if I ever do!

And at Take a Word Electra has chosen the theme of "True Happiness".  Just making art of any kind makes me happy:-
"Joy fills my heart
When I make art"

      

22 comments:

  1. Lovely idea, and apples are my fave fruit. I know weeks like that when everything goes wrong, same here just now! Let's hope it gets better! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your tenacity of seeing it through no matter what's on your plate!! They are adorable, and very fitting for your fun personality!! Glad you are playing along!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is BRIGHT & HAPPY, and any friend would love to receive it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sense of fun is an inspiration Jez, much love x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHH, how sweet this collage is!!. FUN FUN FUN :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your take on the challenge and your fun apples. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fun and cute and very positive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful use of the SOC colors in your darling collage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your happy sense of humour. They are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Jez - I love that what you are less than happy with, I'd be overjoyed to have created ;)

    I hope you never grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these happy apples. Great way to show off the colors.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear that so many things went wrong with making your collage. At least you got it done. I like the apples' purple eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is funny how your state of mind affects your work, I suppose if you try to rush, you arn't focused and that's when the mistakes are made. I know that if I try to paint when I am not "in the mood" the piece inevitably ends up being painted over or in the bin!lol
    However, your mistakes must be small because they are not noticeable on the picture, I love the quirky faces and the lovely words:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute idea to interpret the summer of color...Those are some happy apples. Happy PPF xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. For so much going wrong, it seems to me this is perfectly right! I love the bright happy colours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such fun and wonderful ideas! You are so creative! I love what you did with this week's colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore your cute apples. And I see no need to be disappointed. You created and showed up. And I think imperfection adds character. Wonky tape was not noticed at all! :)

    Here is to you never growing up!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are nailing these challenges even if it is taking a bit of fiddling to get them to where you want them, and I couldn't spot the mistakes and I have a huge computer screen... maybe it is time to get my glasses prescription checked ...xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, and I always enjoy visiting your blogs.
I have been shown how to remove moderation and yet avoid spam, so there's now no moderation and no word verification either.

I love to look at blogs that are new to me, but if you are on Google + I am sadly not able to comment, even though I do want to.