Tuesday 26 June 2012

SOME 'PROPER' SKETCHES TODAY


Still finding it rather difficult to get myself down to any demanding drawing or painting - using spare energy to help Dev with necessary home jobs as much as I can.


So this is rather a lazy blogpost.  I thought I would post some images from my sketchbooks.  You may find the subject matter of most of them a little weird - but I like weird.




This was done at a portrait class where I liked to experiment with different ways of tackling the subject, and this is what I call a scribble drawing.  It's one of my favourites.


Now for something a little more off-beat.  I am really interested in ancient Egyptian art and artefacts, and this was drawn from a photograph - I didn't meet the gentleman in person.  I often think it's a shame that they weren't left in peace in their tombs as they wished.  Still, as long they are written about or drawn, they are remembered.




I find skulls interesting - we once had a sheep's skull that we found on a country walk, and oh! how I wish I had it to draw today.




For some reason this fellow looked happy, even though I he's only a plastic model, and I felt impelled to call him 'The Jolly Miller'.


I love playing about on Photoshop with my drawings or photographs, and this is an 'Andy Warhol' version:




Not a very good scan, for which I apologise.  And to finish, just a painting doodle.  I had done some wax painting and experimented with transferring some of the images onto water-colour paper.  This one came out as just grey blotches, but with a bit of work with my Inktense pencils this is the resulting doodle - Elephant Rears.



5 comments:

  1. Loved this post Jez! I liked your Andy Warhol version of the Jolly Miller!
    I particularly like the close-up of your scribble drawing, isn't it amazing what we can create with scribbly lines?
    Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pharoah. and that's a brilliant transformation of gray blobs into elephant behinds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the fist two are good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those top two sketches are just amazing Jez and I hope yo see many more like that... you have captured the line and shape beautifully... very cool work...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your "Warhol" skeleton!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, and I always enjoy visiting your blogs.
I have been shown how to remove moderation and yet avoid spam, so there's now no moderation and no word verification either.

I love to look at blogs that are new to me, but if you are on Google + I am sadly not able to comment, even though I do want to.