Thursday 23 February 2012

IT'S ALL ABOUT FACES

There are three immutable laws that apply when I'm trying to sketch people in somewhere like a café.
1.  They change their position
2.  Someone stands in front of them
3.  They get up and walk away.

This man sat opposite me in a crowded hospital waiting area a week or so ago.  I was struck by his lovely face, and covert drawing was not an option, so I asked if I could draw him.  He was quite chuffed, but before I had finished even this quick sketch he was called away by the nurse!


On a recent gallery visit I was fascinated by this man's hairstyle.  He kindly let me photograph him - apparently a regular occurrence for him - and at home I made this quick sketch in my sketchbook.


As a contrast in style for a quick life sketch I like scribbling, which takes away the pressure to get a likeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day, and I always enjoy visiting your blogs.
I have been shown how to remove moderation and yet avoid spam, so there's now no moderation and no word verification either.

I love to look at blogs that are new to me, but if you are on Google + I am sadly not able to comment, even though I do want to.