Wednesday 31 July 2013

PINK PINK PINK

What a good challenge this week from Take a Word - PINK.  What girls doesn't like pink.

The moment I saw the theme an idea leapt into my mind, making a link between pink with breast cancer.

Here's what I drew:

Pitt Artist Pen and coloured pencils - Jez
My dear e-friend Tracey had an operation this week and I wanted to cheer her up a little.  Those of you who know Tracey will realise how cheeky of me it is to post this wonky drawing of a cup when she is Queen of Cups and paints them perfectly.

I have about five or six boxes of coloured pencil of different makes, and finding any kind of pink, let alone the pinks I wanted, was much more difficult than I had expected.

I'm quite pleased with the result of this little cartoon sketch and hope it gives you both a smile and a reminder to check regularly.

Linking, later this week, with Paint Party Friday and Manon's Paper Saturdays

8 comments:

  1. I don't think it's cheeky - I reckon Tracy will lve them. I do - they remind me of Mrs Potts and Chip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them! Doh and am not even on my tablet so can't blame auto-correct!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling what a cute idea. Best wishes to Tracey for a fast and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she will love it....so adorable...I LOVE IT!!!! JEZ you are BRILLIANT!!! So sweet it will make our queen of cups giggle for sure!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever - appropriate for your friend and for the theme "Pink". The larger teapot looks very motherly as she gives advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tea-cup and teapot, and i am sure Tracey will love your post when she sees it. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! This makes me think of a mother and daughter's intimate conversation about breast cancer awareness. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sat in my pink bikini in sunny Spain:) I am sure you made Tracey smile with your teacup. I read about her operation on FB and hope she is doing well! Happy belated paper Saturdays. Manon xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, and I always enjoy visiting your blogs.
I have been shown how to remove moderation and yet avoid spam, so there's now no moderation and no word verification either.

I love to look at blogs that are new to me, but if you are on Google + I am sadly not able to comment, even though I do want to.