Friday 12 July 2013

APR BOOKMARKS CHALLENGE



The challenge from Jenn at Artist's Play Room this week is to make Bookmarks.  A nice theme because they are quick to make and manageable even when you're busy. The feather for this one was from a print that I made a few weeks ago and was not happy with at the time, but I like its effect set against a blue background for this bookmark.


I wanted to re-use this fish drawing from my post of 8th July -  Fish Supper - simply because I was so pleased with it, and I thought it would make a good bookmark for an angler.

And now, my pièce de resistance:


I didn't have time to do this really, but once I got the idea I just had to sit down and sketch it very quickly, and I really enjoyed doing it.  In case you can't read my scrawl - I mean the bookworm's scrawl - his words read:
"Hi there!  I'm going through this for my Masters in
Cultural Bookwormology ......
It's been a bit of a slog but I'm nearly through it.
Got through 520,000 words so far -
only 40,000 words to go!"

("You can check if you want")



I shall be away from blogging and commenting all next week.  I'm going to a Summer School at the Tate Liverpool Gallery linked to their current exhibition "Chagall - Modern Master".  It was booked quite a long time ago, and I'm looking forward to it so much because Chagall is one of my favourite artists.

Also linking to Paper Saturdays Paper Saturdays tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely collection of bookmarks, with your fish one being my favorite. However, I love your clever writings in the bookworm bookmark. It's funny that you mentioned the Chagall exhibit, because I found a marvelous book about him at a thrift shop that is in my stack of books to read. Yes, I'm one of those people that work on reading several books at a time… and they're usually different genres too! Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! I like Your lovely bookworm and specially the feather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work Jez! Hope you and Dev enjoy your time of learning!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all wonderful in their own way. Love the variety. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bookmarks! I love the feather print. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That feather is gorgeous! Love your three very different bookmarks - I'll take your word on War & Peace ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, and I always enjoy visiting your blogs.
I have been shown how to remove moderation and yet avoid spam, so there's now no moderation and no word verification either.

I love to look at blogs that are new to me, but if you are on Google + I am sadly not able to comment, even though I do want to.