Sunday 11 March 2012

SOME DIFFERENT MARK-MAKING - & AN I-PHONE PIC

It's the first day I really feel that Spring is coming - the sun is shining, drifts of crocus on the lawn, and daffodils bursting into flower.  This morning I even saw a huge Camellia bush covered in a mass of luscious pink blossoms.  Let's hope Spring lasts more than one day!

First, today's I-phone painting - this was one of my early ones, where I was still testing out what the tools could do.  I learnt a lot doing it, and that is more important than the end result.




The Butterfly Mind flits to yet another way of making marks on the page - I love alternative ways of making arty marks, which leads to interesting results without any pre-planning.

This one started with simple round blobs on the paper made by pressing my thumb into black acrylic paint and pressing it on the yellow background until I felt I had enough blobs - enough for what I didn't know!  Then I saw the blobs as heads and dabbed in marks for bodies.  And they had to be looking at something, so ... is it a bird, is it a butterfly?



These mysterious figures often seem to crop up in my work, and I never really know who they are or what they are doing.  They just want to appear on the page.



I hope you have a go at using thumb prints to see what results you get.

I'd be really interested to hear from you if you do.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day, and I always enjoy visiting your blogs.
I have been shown how to remove moderation and yet avoid spam, so there's now no moderation and no word verification either.

I love to look at blogs that are new to me, but if you are on Google + I am sadly not able to comment, even though I do want to.