Saturday 21 September 2013

29 FACES DAY 21


'ZIGGY' - Collage and brown Inktense Pencil
Click image to enlarge
I can't believe we've already reached Day 21 of the 29 FACES challenge.  Yesterday's was quite a long post, so this is a very short one for today.

Meet my friend Ziggy, a cheerful chappie.  I cut shapes from magazine pages and collaged them onto a sheet of A3 card.  When I had finished the collaging I felt it needed something more, so I used a brown Inktense pencil to draw an abstract pattern over his face, and colour some shapes in for his rosy cheeks.

I have to say, I do love his hairstyle, he must use a whole pot of wax hair gel every day.


As usual I couldn't resist the temptation to add a filter on Photoshop, and just adding the Trace Edges filter made him look quite different.  I think I prefer the collage version though.

8 comments:

  1. HA!! He made me smile as soon as I saw him! What a great, fun face. This is so cool! Fantastic collage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great face, but I too like the original one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your artwork is very fun and original!!! I really love your paper face "Aidianna" and her paper hair!

    Stopping by from Paper Saturdays and a new follower of yours too!

    xo,
    Jessica
    http://thedoilyduck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Jessica, and for following. I appreciate both so much.
      I am so sorry that I cannot comment on your blog or follow you, but I do not have Google +.
      I hope you may look back at these comments and see why I am not commenting on your work.
      Jez

      Delete
  4. It is really amasing playing with pictures! Very fun! And fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the collage even if it is a bit too clown like for me...clowns scare me... the original is fun but the altered one scares me!! Good job though...you have nailed something different everyday...and the hair is very cool....it's the smile and face texture that makes it scary!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. These faces are so clever. I love your imagination.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, and I always enjoy visiting your blogs.
I have been shown how to remove moderation and yet avoid spam, so there's now no moderation and no word verification either.

I love to look at blogs that are new to me, but if you are on Google + I am sadly not able to comment, even though I do want to.