Sunday 6 January 2013

COLLAGE - MY STYLE (OTHERWISE KNOWN AS I DID IT MY WAY)


Collage is one of my favourite art forms.   I love getting lost in the free process - which translated means I don't plan in advance - and I enjoy seeing other people's collages, there are so many different styles.

I do vary my approach from time to time, but my collages nearly always end up in this style, with hopefully a little humour thrown in.  The 'Tea, Coffee, Sandwiches' pic above is a small section of the collage I want to show you today ....... at the end of the post.


It's a collage I made in 2004, and even though it has been in a sketchbook, time has not been kind to it, as you can see from the lifting of the paper here and there.  But it's just about my favourite collage, and most definitely in my style, made just for enjoyment and a bit of relaxing fun.


I realised today that I haven't posted a collage yet on my blog.  What reminded me was that I started to tackle a collage background for a collage-swap for Collabor-Art.  

The strange thing is that although I rarely plan in advance and hope that it will come out right, I have found it so difficult to create just a background for someone else to complete.

So here's the full collage:

'Tea, Coffee, Sandwiches' collageJez Eden 2004
How many of the unfortunate holiday-makers can you identify.  I have to say that I can only name 5 for certain now, so if you can beat that please let me know your list.

7 comments:

  1. This really made me smile Jez! Fantastic! Is that Nicolas Parsons burried in the sand?? You are right Collage has so many different forms,Thats what makes it so much fun....Happy collaging.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's Nicholas, so you get a point there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not enough words in my vocabulary to tell you how much I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Jez, i SO love this collage of yours!! It's fabulous. Collage is definitely one of your many strengths. It was great to catch up here. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not much good at collage but my daughter however did them all the time in her teens. And is very good!! I think I may encourage her to do some in the next few weeks. I think if I set her up in a book she may just go for it!!

    Great job...seems so relaxing if you love it!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jez and thanks for your comment on my Frida hand art! I'm glad to get to know your blog as well. I'm sure I have a lot to learn from an experienced collagist like you! Tea, Coffee, Sandwiches here is such a beautiful and creative piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you love collage - you're so good at it! (I wish I were better at it.)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, and I always enjoy visiting your blogs.
I have been shown how to remove moderation and yet avoid spam, so there's now no moderation and no word verification either.

I love to look at blogs that are new to me, but if you are on Google + I am sadly not able to comment, even though I do want to.